Greenbrier Academy: Wisdom Gathered and Developed by Mike Beswick, Part II
Here are some quick words that have lasting impact:
- When we see the world through each other’s eyes, we can no longer be enemies.
- Personality is what you display when you are being watched; character is what you reveal when you believe no one is watching.
- Most communication is self-centered, designed for our own power, pleasure or control. Healthy communication and relations focus on empowerment.
- We are all connected. I am partially who I am because of meeting you.
- Don’t take it personally – what people think about you is none of your business.
- Always do your best – it makes a difference.
- Words are like spells. What spell are you going to cast today?
- Never insult the alligator until you are across the river.
- Fear is false evidence that appears real.
- The boy who rides on the back of a tiger ends up in his belly.
- Expectations are always the cause of our disappointment.
- Turn the light on gently.
- Addiction is anything that interferes with your ability to be honest.
- Resentment is like drinking poison to kill someone else.
- If this is the worst thing that happens today, I’m going to have a pretty good day.
- That may not make you drink, but it will make you thirsty.
- We expect the future to be like the past.
- What we call self-defeating behavior is a person’s attempt to manage their life.
- Seeing other people as the problem is the problem.
- Seek first to understand.
- Knowledge speaks; wisdom listens.
- Love is the answer, regardless of the question.
Choose one of these bulleted sayings and apply it today. Give us a post with how it impacted your day.