In recent years there has been a greater variety of therapy available to those in need, and more and more families are gratefully taking advantage of these opportunities to grow in a positive way. And not only are they taking advantage of the opportunities, they are talking to their friends and families about it. When families engage in proper therapeutic modalities, their potential, which may have been previously restrained, can now flourish in healthy ways. For teenagers at risk, often the best choice is an accredited and licensed therapeutic boarding school. If you and your family are beginning to consider a therapeutic boarding school for your daughter, it is not something to be taken lightly. There are many benefits when considering this long-term investment. But is it right for you? While there are no strict guidelines that allow you to make this decision, let’s consider some factors.
- Is your daughter in need of a drug-free environment with a substance-abuse prevention component?
- Does your daughter suffer from family and/or peer relational conflicts?
- Does your daughter face one or more of the following issues: anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, ADD/ADHD, substance abuse, oppositional defiance, impulsiveness, emotional deregulation, lack of understanding consequence, anger and/or attachment issues, or possible issues involving loneliness, meaninglessness and confusion about her place in the world.
- Does your daughter possess the potential to develop her conscience and social awareness?
- Do you believe your daughter has a great skill set of positive attributes, but lacks the resources to overcome the obstacles keeping her from realizing her potential?
If you believe any of the above applies to your daughter, and you are seeking tools to provide a brighter future for her, therapeutic boarding schools like Greenbrier Academy for Girls may be the answer. We at Greenbrier Academy for Girls approach each delicate and unique situation with an enthusiastic understanding built from years of research and, in turn, our therapeutic philosophy.
Our therapeutic philosophy, which is applied to all curriculums and integrated into student life, stems from the idea that the relationship is the most fundamental element of life. Through positive relationships with other people, the world and ourselves, a successful life can be achieved and maintained. Greenbrier Academy for Girls cherishes each student that enters our doors and is honored to send them off into the world with a renewed perspective on life and a drive to make the world a better place. If this sounds right for your family, we urge you to contact us to learn more!