In recent years therapeutic programs have begun to diversify the variety of therapy available to troubled teens in need. More and more families are gratefully taking advantage of these opportunities to help their teens. Not only are they taking advantage of the opportunities, they are talking to their friends and families about it.
There are many benefits and factors to consider when considering this long-term investment. But is it right for you? While there are no strict guidelines that allow you to make this decision, let’s consider some factors.
Questions to consider:
When families engage in a residential therapeutic program, their potential, which may have been previously restrained, can now flourish in healthy ways. For teenagers at risk, often the best choice is an accredited and licensed therapeutic boarding school. If you and your family are beginning to consider a therapeutic boarding school for your daughter, we know what a big decision this can be.
- Is your daughter in need of a drug-free environment with a substance-abuse prevention component?
- Does your troubled teenage daughter suffer from family and/or peer relational conflicts?
- Does your daughter face one or more of the following issues: anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, ADD/ADHD, substance abuse, oppositional defiance, impulsiveness, emotional deregulation, lack of understanding consequence, anger and/or attachment issues, or possible issues involving loneliness, meaninglessness and confusion about her place in the world.
- Does your daughter possess the potential to develop her conscience and social awareness?
- Do you believe your daughter has a great skill set of positive attributes, but lacks the resources to overcome the obstacles keeping her from realizing her potential?
If you believe any of the above applies to your daughter, and you are seeking tools to provide a brighter future for her, therapeutic boarding schools like Greenbrier Academy for Girls may be the answer. We at Greenbrier Academy for Girls approach each delicate and unique situation with an understanding built from years of practice. Additionally, your daughter may benefit from an all girls therapeutic boarding school.
Our Philosophy as an All Girls Therapeutic Boarding School
Our therapeutic philosophy, which is applied to all curriculums and integrated into student life, stems from the idea that relationships are the most fundamental element of emotional, physical, and psychological wellbeing. Through positive relationships with other people, ourselves, and the world around us, a meaningful life can be achieved and maintained. Greenbrier Academy for Girls cherishes each student that enters our doors and is honored to send them off into the world with a renewed perspective on life and a drive to make the world a better place.
If your daughter is struggling, we would love to talk with you about how we can help!
Give us a call today 1-877-788-8422