Is your teen daughter struggling? Hanging out with the wrong crowd? Most likely she needs guidance to help her sense of identity and self worth. Today, we want to shed light on the research on all girls schools, and given what you and your family are going through, it would be selfish of us not to share the data with you. For many families, enrolling their daughter in a therapeutic boarding school that’s also an all girls school can have tremendous advantages.
If you’re wondering whether or not an all girls therapeutic boarding school will work for your daughter, let’s take a look at the research.
All Girls Therapeutic Boarding Schools
Unfortunately for many families, not knowing about the advantages of all girls schools can result in a 40% decrease in their daughter’s overall academic performance and self confidence. Most families come to us looking to get their daughter re-engaged in their education and make healthier relational choices.
Therapeutic boarding schools for girls are residential programs for troubled teens that specialize as a school. What that means is that we have therapeutic activities, an entire clinical staff that includes individual counseling and group therapy incorporated into a boarding school environment. We believe that being an all girls school as well as a therapeutic boarding school is the best possible environment for troubled girls to reclaim their futures and sense of self worth. Many studies agree with us. Let’s take a look at a few:
Research on Single Sex Education
- Majority of girls’ school grads report higher self-confidence over their coed peers. —Dr. Linda Sax, UCLA, Women Graduates of Single-Sex and Coeducational High Schools: Differences in their Characteristics and the Transition to College
- 93% of girls’ school grads say they were offered greater leadership opportunities than peers at coed schools and 80%have held leadership positions since graduating from high school. —Goodman Research Group, The Girls’ School Experience: A Survey of Young Alumnae of Single-Sex Schools
- A study prepared for the U.S. Department of Education observed, “more positive academic and behavioral interactions between teachers and students in the single-sex schools than in the comparison to coed schools.” —U.S. Department of Education, Early Implementation of Public Single-Sex Schools: Perceptions and Characteristics
- Students at all-girls schools have higher aspirations and greater motivation than their female peers at coed independent and public schools. More than 2/3 expect to earn a graduate or professional degree. —Dr. Richard A. Holmgren, Allegheny College, Steeped in Learning: The Student Experience at All-Girls Schools
- Over 88% of girls’ school students report they are comfortable being themselves at school, which means they are free to focus their energies on their learning. —Dr. Richard A. Holmgren, Allegheny College, Steeped in Learning: The Student Experience at All-Girls Schools
- All-girls settings seem to provide girls a certain comfort level that helps them develop greater self-confidence and broader interests, especially as they approach adolescence. —Dr. Rosemary C. Salomone, St. John’s University, Same, Difference, Equal: Rethinking Single-Sex Schooling
Considering a therapeutic program that includes all of the benefits of single sex education could be the best investment you ever make towards reclaiming her future.
Let’s Work Together
Bottom line, you deserve the very best for your daughter. You want a therapeutic program that will help her feel confident, supported and overall good about herself.
The best way to determine if a therapeutic boarding school will work for your teen is to go visit the program. As a therapeutic boarding school for girls, we specialize in working with high school aged young women. If your teen daughter is struggling with truancy, unhealthy friendships, depression, anxiety, school refusal or emotional trauma, we’re here for you and would love to meet you.
Give us a call today at 1-877-788-8422