How to Help Your Defiant Teenage Daughter
Parenting a daughter through her defiant teenage years can be overwhelming and confusing. While your teen is becoming an individual and learning about herself, she may begin to test the boundaries of familial relationships and rules. In this BLOG learn:
- How to distinguish disrespect and defiance from normal teenage behavior
- How you can help your defiant teen daughter
- How to listen without judgement to improve conversation outcomes
- When to be assertive in setting boundaries
- Above all: effective ways to show your daughter unconditional love
Programs like those offered at Greenbrier Academy can offer a safe haven for both parents and their defiant daughters. While it may be difficult to be apart, positive peer influence coupled with college prep academics and professional therapy will set your teen on a path to hope and healing. And we promise, there is hope. If you are worried about your teenage daughter and would like to discuss possible help, call Greenbrier at 866-788-8422.