On an emotional level, the healing rhythms and energy movement that drumming facilitates has been shown through research to heal and move emotionally stagnant energy that causes trauma.
“Research reviews indicate that drumming enhances recovery through inducing relaxation and enhancing theta-wave production and brain-wave synchronization. Drumming produces pleasurable experiences, enhanced awareness of preconscious dynamics, release of emotional trauma, and reintegration of self.
Drumming alleviates self-centeredness, isolation, and alienation, creating a sense of connectedness with self and others.
Drumming provides a secular approach to accessing a higher power and applying spiritual perspectives.” (Winkelman, Michael; American Journal of Public Health, April, 2003, Vol.93, Issue 4, P.647,5p.)
Does your daughter…
- Have copycat tendencies with peers, leading her to unhealthy behaviors in the wrong company?
- Struggle to verbally articulate her difficult emotions?
- Suffer from emotional trauma due to experiences in the past?
- Shut down when she feels vulnerable?
Our Drumming Program will give her…
- A welcoming peer support & mentoring system
- Healthy behaviors to model if she has “copy cat” tendencies
- Builds emotional confidence through leadership opportunities
- Exposure to healing rhythms on a daily basis that heal emotional trauma when she struggles to articulate what’s going on inside