If we had to pick one Signature Program that is guaranteed to connect your daughter to a peer network of supportive students, it’s the Drumming Program. Whether she decides to join performance group or just participate in daily community drum circle, drumming will be a space where maybe for the first time, she will immediately integrate into a positive peer culture.
Does your daughter…
- Have copycat tendencies with peers, leading her to unhealthy behaviors in the wrong company?
- Struggle to verbally articulate in effective ways when problem solving with others?
- Suffer from emotional trauma that keeps her from letting others in?
- Shut down or lash out at others when she feels vulnerable?
Drumming will give her…
- A safe place to be part of a larger community.
- Student mentoring from other students who are ready to help her grow and learn.
- Give her a skill to pass on to new students once she learns the rhythms
- An easy and accessible tool to give back to the community via Drum Performance Group should she like to participate.
“Research reviews indicate that drumming enhances recovery through inducing relaxation and enhancing theta-wave production and brain-wave synchronization. Drumming produces pleasurable experiences, enhanced awareness of preconscious dynamics, release of emotional trauma, and reintegration of self.
Drumming alleviates self-centeredness, isolation, and alienation, creating a sense of connectedness with self and others. Drumming provides a secular approach to accessing a higher power and applying spiritual perspectives.” (Winkelman, Michael; American Journal of Public Health, April, 2003, Vol.93, Issue 4, P.647,5p.)